Italian Chopped Salad is my favorite quick lunch I love to whip up with ingredients I usually have on hand in my refrigerator! So simple, and can easily be modified to suit your taste.
It’s low-carb (Keto), gluten-free and easy to whip up! I make this so often, especially when I don’t plan what I am going to have for lunch that I thought I would share. This version is made with Genoa salami, mozzarella, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce topped with oil and red vinegar.
Since I usually whip this up with the ingredients I have on hand, my salad looks different each time I make it, here are some variations I usually make.
- Swap the salami with sopressata or proscuitto
- Swap some of the Romaine lettuce with radicchio or butter lettuce
- Replace the salami with canned chickpeas to make it vegetarian
- Also great with hard boiled eggs
- Add olives
- Add pepperoncini
More Lunch Salads You May Enjoy:
- Grilled Peach and Watermelon Burrata Salad
- Chopped Salad with Shrimp, Bacon and Blue Cheese
- Protein Egg and Quinoa Salad
- Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Italian Tuna and Brown Rice Salad
Italian Chopped Salad
- Toss the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion with oil and vinegar, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with roasted red pepper, salami and mozzarella.