Although burrata—a fresh cheese made with mozzarella and cream—is undeniably the star of this light summer salad, the juicy grilled peaches and refreshing watermelon are pretty hard to resist.
This salad also happens to be gorgeous, and it comes together fast. The perfect light summer meal! You can add grilled chicken or shrimp if you want more protein.
This recipe is a sneak peak from my upcoming cookbook, Skinnytaste One and Done: 140 No-Fuss Dinners for Your Instant Pot®, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer, Sheet Pan, Skillet, Dutch Oven, and More.
Although burrata can be a splurge in calories, I always look for a way to work it into my life. Because I’m obsessed with it!! Pairing it with grilled summer fruit and a balsamic glaze is my solution to make it work. This recipe is so perfect with summer peaches in season right now. If you can’t find burrata, fresh mozzarella can be used in it’s place. If you prefer to serve this as a side dish, you can use less cheese and add more protein. Grilled chicken, shrimp or tuna would be perfect!
Skinnytaste One and Done is organized by vessels that include everyday cooking equipment such as an Instant Pot®, a sheet pan, a Dutch oven, a skillet, a slow cooker, and an air fryer. With 140 healthy, family-friendly recipes, 120 full-color photos taken by Eva Kolenko for every recipe, Skinnytaste One and Done will be a weeknight game changer!
Each recipe includes nutritional information—from registered dietitian Heather K Jones—that will help you take steps toward your weight and health goals. Many dishes are gluten-free, and dairy-free, and these are called out with helpful icons. If you don’t have an air fryer or pressure cooker, no worries! I have included directions for stove and oven methods as well.
If you’re on Weight Watchers, all recipes in the cookbook will be listed here with updated Freestyle Smart Points.
I know so many of you love my one pot dinners (hello easy clean-up!). So I am thrilled to have an entire cookbook filled with 140 one pan, pot, skillet, Instant Pot, slow cooker, air fryer, etc no-fuss family dinners. Including Skillet Chicken Pot Pie, Summer Veggie Zucchini Noodles with Burrata, Carne Asada Fries, Instant Pot Arroz Con Pollo, American-Style Cheesy Beef Goulash and Macaroni and so much more.
Once you pre-order the book, follow the instructions on this page, to download the recipes and start cooking instantly!
Order from these online sellers:
Grilled Peach and Watermelon Burrata Salad
- 4 peaches, cut into 1⁄2-inch-thick wedges
- Olive oil spray, I like my Misto or Bertolli
- 4 small balls burrata cheese, 1 pound total
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup loosely packed watercress
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze, I like DeLallo
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat (or preheat a grill to medium-high).
- Spray the peaches with oil, then grill them cut sides down, just long enough to make marks, about 2 minutes per side.
- To serve, place a ball of burrata in the center of each of 4 plates and arrange the grilled peaches, watermelon cubes, and watercress around it.
- Drizzle everything with the balsamic glaze.