A great addictive snack! I am not a huge fan of the texture of chickpeas, but once roasted they become nutty, crunchy and addicting!
What’s more, they make a healthy snack and are simple to make. Loaded with fiber, zinc, folate and protein it’s a win win. You can use any spices you like or adjust the spice to your taste. The possibilities are endless. If you don’t like curry, try using salt and garlic powder.
Roasted Chickpea Snack
- 15 oz can chickpeas drained
- olive oil spray
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Drain chickpeas in a colander and let them dry completely. Pat dry with a paper towel if needed, I usually leave them on the counter an hour to make sure they are very dry.
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for about 35 to 45 minutes, shaking the pan every ten minutes. All ovens are different so make sure they don't burn. They will be golden brown and crunchy on the inside when done, not moist.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the spices. Remove chickpeas from oven when done and spray with olive oil. Immediately toss with spices while hot. Eat at room temperature.