This broiled wild salmon recipe is made with Harry & David’s Cherry Apple Chutney and it’s SUPER easy and delicious – Perfect for weeknights or dinner parties!
Broiled Wild Salmon with Cherry Apple Chutney
Just a few weeks ago I had this at a dinner party hosted by my friend Sandy who blogs at The Reluctant Entertainer during my trip to Harry and David in southern Oregon. The Autumn weather in southern Oregon couldn’t have been more perfect and we dined al fresco in her beautiful backyard on chalkboard paper lined tables with pears for centerpieces.
Anyone who meets Sandy feels instantly connected to her – she’s an incredible entertainer and really knows hot to make
you feel welcome.
Southern Oregon has the perfect landscape and climate for producing the best pears and produce. It’s also home to some of the finest cheese and great wine. Harry and David doesn’t just grow there own fruit (which are non-GMO btw), all their cakes, pastries, chocolates, cookies, Moose Munch and more all made on premises and they work directly with local wineries and cheese makers to offer the best Oregon wines, finest cheese such as award winning Rogue Creamery in their baskets.
Their fruit is harvested and kept in cold storage until ready to ship so that every basket delivered to your door step is perfect. And, we even got to make and package our own gift baskets, although I learned quickly that I was not cut out for making this a career as I took about 40 minutes to pack ONE basket!
If you ever visit Southern Oregon, you can go on a Harry and David tour and tour their kitchens. We all stayed at the charming Winchester Inn in Ashland. I loved sitting in that nook staring out the window…
They had the most comfortable beds, and served some of the best breakfasts I’ve ever tasted – and I’m not even a breakfast person! Example, these poached eggs over a souffle with an arugula salad and berry vinaigrette – to die for! Southern Oregon has amazing culinary talent. Would you believe this meal came out of a food truck?
Everlasting memories were made in those short few days and Oh how I miss those stunning mountain views and old and new friends…
Broiled Wild Salmon with Apple Cherry Chutney
- Combine the first 5 ingredients for the marinade and blend well.
- Pour the marinade into a Ziploc bag. Add the salmon to the marinade, squeeze the air out of the bag and seal.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Heat broiler to high.
- Place salmon on a broiler pan lined with tin foil and sprayed with oil and broil on the second rack from the top for 5 minutes on one side.
- Remove from the broiler, carefully flip the salmon over.
- Spoon on the apple cherry chutney, spreading evenly over the salmon.
- Cook another 4-5 minutes until cooked, pressing the salmon with the back of a spatula handle (for firmness rather than sponginess).
- Serve immediately.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
|Lunch at Penny and Lulu’s catered by Fresco.|