Skillet Cheesy Chicken and Veggie “Rice” made with riced broccoli and cauliflower, sauteed chicken and cheddar cheese. It’s so fast and easy to make!
Skillet Cheesy Chicken and Veggie “Rice”
I whipped this up for dinner the other night and my daughter loved it! I knew I had to share. More cauliflower rice recipes you may like are Skillet Cauliflower “Arroz” con Pollo, Skillet Taco Cauliflower Rice, Cauliflower Rice Chicken Biryani, and King Crab Cauliflower Fried Rice.
When I was a kid I hated broccoli until I tried it with cheese, then I was hooked and used to eat it every time we had leftover broccoli. As an adult, I still love the combination. This dish took less than fifteen minutes to make. I had a bag of this frozen broccoli-cauliflower riced veggies from Green Giant, and some chicken and I knew this would be a winning combo. This would work fine with any type of riced veggie, although I personally think the broccoli made the dish. If you can’t find riced broccoli or cauliflower, you can also make it yourself by pulsing peeled broccoli stems and cauliflower florets in small batches in a food processor until is resembles rice. You can easily double this for four and make it in a larger skillet.
Skillet Cheesy Chicken and Veggie "Rice"
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed small
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower and broccoli, such as Green Giant
- 1/3 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar
- Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, garlic powder and black pepper, to taste.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. When hot add 1/2 teaspoon oil and add half of the chicken.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until no longer pink in the center and browned on the edges. Set aside.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil, onion and garlic and cook over medium heat about 2 minutes, until soft. Add the riced vegetables (frozen), 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and cook 5 to 6 minutes, until heated through.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, top with the cheese and cover.
- Cook low heat until the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.