King Crab Cauliflower Fried “Rice”
This low-carb cauliflower fried rice has chunks of King Crab, inspired by my favorite fried rice dish!
King Crab fried rice is one of my favorite dishes I order when dining at my local Japanese restaurant. Every time I order it, I always say I’m going to make this with riced cauliflower, so finally I did! This was inspired by my basic cauliflower fried recipe recipe which can be made with chicken, salmon, or served as a side.
But the best part, it was super easy to make. I riced the cauliflower myself in the food processor, but you can also used pre-cut or frozen riced cauliflower such as Green Giant. Super easy, low-carb, and so so good!
King Crab Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 lb 2 frozen King crab legs
- 24 oz riced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray
- 1/2 small onion, diced fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallions, diced, whites and greens separated
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or gf soy sauce, use Liquid Aminos for W30, Paleo
- If making the rice yourself, place a few florets at a time in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower in a few batches.
- In a large pot, add about 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Add the crab leg and cook, covered until heated through, about 10 minutes. When cooked, remove the crab from the shell and lightly flake.
- Season eggs with salt. Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat and spray with oil. Add the eggs and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, and garlic about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the cauliflower “rice” to the saute pan along with soy sauce. Mix, cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
- Add the egg and crab, remove from heat and mix in scallion greens.