Breaded chicken cutlets cooked in a skillet topped with everything I normally add to my guacamole – sliced avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion and lime juice. Some jalapeño slices on top would be great!
Chicken Cutlets with Deconstructed Guacamole
We eat chicken a few times a week, and this one is certainly one of my quick go-to’s. I usually lightly pan fry, but you can also make it in the air fryer, I have directions for both. Other chicken cutlet recipes I love are Chicken Cutlet Caprese Salad, Grilled Bruschetta Chicken and grilled Chicken with Spinach and Melted Mozzarella.
This was one of those meals that came together by cleaning out my fridge. Don’t you love those nights? It almost makes me feel like I’m on Chopped, without the cameras, strange ingredients or time limit. I seasoned the chicken with some Latin spices and loved how this turned out.
How To Serve
You could even serve it over some chopped lettuce to make it a big salad, over cauliflower rice, or even serve it with rice and beans on the side.
- Swap the Protein – This would also be great with fish fillet or turkey cutlets in place of chicken breast.
- Use the air fryer – if you want to use less oil, you can make the cutlets in the air fryer, simply spritz the chicken with non-aerosol olive oil spray such as this one (affil link).
More Chicken Breast Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Breast
- Peanut Braised Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Herbed Buttermilk Roast Chicken Breast
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Tomato and Feta
Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Deconstructed Guacamole
For The Chicken:
- 2 8 ounce boneless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise to make 4 thinner cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt such as adobo seasoning
- 2 large egg whites beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Sazon homemade or packaged
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs or gluten-free crumbs
- 1 -1/2 tbsp olive oil
For the Deconstructed Guacamole:
- 4 ounces avocado from 1 small Hass
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 lime wedges for serving
- Season cutlets with seasoned salt. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. In another bowl beat egg whites sazon together. Dip chicken cutlets in egg whites, then breadcrumb mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan on medium heat. Add the olive oil. When hot add the cutlets and cook about 6 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- In a large bowl combine the avocado, red onion, tomato, cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin, and lime juice. Gently toss and serve over the chicken with additional lime wedges.
Air Fryer Method
- Air fry in batches 400F 6 to 7 minutes turning halfway, until the crumbs are golden brown and the center is no longer pink.