Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets are made with chunks of chicken breasts coated in breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese then baked until golden. An easy homemade chicken recipe for toddlers and adults!
What can be more kid-friendly than chicken nuggets, even the pickiest kids like them! Serve them with ketchup, BBQ sauce or whatever you like to dip your nuggets into. Adults can serve them over your favorite salad for a satisfying lunch.
Kids love finger foods or anything you can eat with toothpicks so when my daughter was young I would make her a dish of bite sized goodies she liked such as tomatoes, olives, pasta, etc. and served them with toothpicks and she always cleaned her plate! Give it a try, your kids will be so excited!
I make these for Madison for lunch, I often make some at night and put them in her lunch box the next day, she doesn’t mind eating them cold. I’ve even made a bunch and served them as appetizers, because who doesn’t love chicken nuggets!
These also happen to be egg-free, I use oil instead of an egg and it works great and helps get the breadcrumbs golden. Once I’m in breading mode I usually make breaded zucchini sticks as well and bake them all at the same time along with some pasta and a salad for a complete meal. Double these for more or make half for less servings.
Tips for perfect baked chicken nuggets:
- Start with organic chicken, when possible. Trim any excess fat.
- Baking pans will give you different results, these work best in an aluminum pan for even browned and crisp edges. Nonstick doesn’t work as well.
- Spray the pan with oil to prevent sticking.
You may also enjoy these family-friendly chicken recipes:
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- Pickle Brined Baked Chicken Tenders
- Tortilla Encrusted Chicken Tenders
- Sesame Encrusted Baked Chicken Tenders
Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
Chunks of chicken breasts coated in breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese then baked until golden. An easy chicken recipe your whole family will love!
- 16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp panko
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray (I used my Misto)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
- Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 – 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 – 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 4 oz chicken
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 3
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 188 calories
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Sodium: 427mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 26g