This simple slow cooker chicken taco salad is so delicious and it’s packed with fiber and protein which means it’s very satisfying, all for under 300 calories. Trust me, you won’t miss the tortillas!
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Salad
Taco salads are my favorite when I am craving a big hearty salad. If you want to turn this into tacos, just reduce the lettuce, omit the dressing and heat up some tortillas!
To make this easy dish, I basically added chicken breasts and black beans to the slow cooker, seasoned it with taco seasoning and topped it with salsa. Doesn’t get easier than that! A few hours later I shredded the chicken and combined everything for this wonderful topping to this salad.
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Salad
I also whipped up some of my favorite zesty avocado cilantro buttermilk dressing for the perfect salad that’s so satisfying and super easy to make. Try this for taco Tuesday!
And since so many are asking, I have the 6 Quart Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker (affil link). Although I love my Instant Pot, I still use my slow cooker all the time! I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it’s done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This crock pot is so great, I actually own two!
More Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
- Slow Cooker Harrisa Chicken
- Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken
- Crock Pot Maple Dijon Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad
For the Salad:
- 6 cups chopped romaine or red leaf
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup zesty avocado cilantro buttermilk dressing
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and season with taco seasoning and cumin.
- Pour the beans over the chicken and top with salsa. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, or until the chicken is tender and easily shreds with 2 forks.
- Shred the chicken and combine with the beans and sauce, keep warm until ready to eat. Makes 3 1/2 cups.
- To make the salad, place 1 1/2 cups lettuce on each plate, top with 3/4 cup chicken and bean mixture, 1 tbsp cheese and 2 tablespoons zesty avocado buttermilk dressing.