Shrimp Scampi Tacos with Caesar Salad Slaw, a unique twist on a shrimp taco and ready in under 20 minutes!
Shrimp Scampi Tacos
The shrimp scampi in these tacos is so delicious, it’s sauteed with just a tough of butter and lemon juice. I turned them into tacos by serving the shrimp in tortillas with a fun Caesar Salad slaw. This is a quick and easy dinner that’s fresh and light. I’m a huge seafood lover so these are a hit in my house!! If you like seafood tacos you will also love these Lobster Tacos, Shrimp Tacos and Scallop Tacos.
How To Make Shrimp Scampi Tacos
More Shrimp Recipes
- Shrimp Scampi Skewers
- Shrimp Scampi with Broccoli Orzo
- Shrimp Scampi Zoodles for Two
- Shrimp Quinoa Bowls
- Parmesan Shrimp Zoodles
Shrimp Scampi Tacos with Caesar Salad Slaw
- 5 tablespoons Skinny Creamy Caesar Dressing, divided (recipe follows)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp, tails removed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 ½ tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped
- In a small blender or food processor, combine dressing ingredients. Process until smooth, adding a little water, if necessary, for thinner consistency. Set aside.
- Add butter and oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When butter is melted, add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add shrimp and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes, flip, then add another 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook an additional 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Remove from heat and add red pepper (if using), lemon juice, and parsley. Toss to evenly coat.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas according to package directions. In a medium bowl, toss lettuce with 2 tablespoons Caesar dressing.
- Divide tortillas and shrimp evenly among 4 plates. Spoon pan sauce over shrimp, top each with freshly grated parmesan, scallions, and Caesar slaw. Divide remaining 3 tablespoons of dressing evenly over tacos.