These Donut-Shaped Apple Snacks are the perfect after-school treat for the kids!
Donut-Shaped Apple Snacks
If you’re going apple picking and need a fun, healthy treat – this is it! I’m in love with these apple treats, great for the kids or even adults. Drizzled with anything that strikes your fancy, here I did a variation with PB and chocolate as well as some with just chocolate. Caramel would also be great to give you a caramel apple combination! Some other healthy snacks for kids I love to make are Homemade Fruit Roll Ups and Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops.
It’s apple season in New York, so when I got my hands on a review copy of the I Heart Naptime Cookbook and saw these adorable apples, I new I had to make them. This cookbook is beautiful, filled with easy family-friendly recipes, and every recipe which take less than an hour to prepare.
These apples are really easy to make, and perfect to make with the kiddos if they want to help. My favorite was the Chocolate and Peanut Butter combo which totally satisfied my sweet tooth. Jamielyn says marshmallow cream and sprinkles are her kid’s favorite option.
It’s best to eat them right away to prevent the apples from browning.
I calculated the nutritional info based on each drizzle with 1/8 oz of chocolate and 1/8 oz of peanut butter. If you swap white chocolate for peanut butter, the nutritional info is very close and the points were the same.
More Healthy Snacks for Kids:
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Rainbow Fruit Skewers with Yogurt Dip
- Pumpkin Pie Dip with Fruit
- Peaches and Cream Popsicles
Donut-Shaped Apple Snacks
- 3 to 4 tart green apples
- 1/4 cup melted milk chocolate*
- 1/4 cup melted peanut butter or 1/4 cup melted white chocolate*
- optional toppings: sprinkles mini chocolate chips, toasted coconut, craisins, nuts, granola
- To melt chocolate, in a small bowl microwave 30 seconds, stir, repeat until melted. To melt peanut butter, microwave in a small bowl 30 seconds. Transfer to ziplock bags if you wish for easier piping, or you can use a spatula or spoon to drizzle it over the apples.
- Slice the apples into 12 1/4-inch thick slices. Using a 1-inch round cookie cutter, core the apple slices (or you can use a knife).
- Place the apple slices on wax paper and drizzle with your favorite toppings. Eat right away.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.