Baked Shrimp Parmesan over Zucchini Noodles – an easy, light and delicious shrimp dish made in under 30 minutes!
I love shrimp parmesan and make it often at home because it’s so much healthier to make it yourself. Rather than frying the shrimp like you’d get from a restaurant, I bake them in the oven until golden.
I’ve been using Tuttorosso tomatoes for years – if you’ve been following me from the beginning, you probably already know that they’re my crushed tomato of choice.
This recipe is simple, you’ll want to have everything prepped and ready before you start making this, because it comes together fast. Have your zucchini cut and ready before you start, I prefer a thicker zucchini noodle so I used the thicker noodle blade of my Paderno Spiralizer to cut my zoodles. Enjoy!
Shrimp Zoodles Parmesan for Two
For the Shrimp:
- 8 oz peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg beaten*
- 3 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
For the Zoodles:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed with the side of a knife
- 1 1/4 cups crushed tomatoes I always use Tuttorosso
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini 14 oz total, spiralized with the thicker blade, and cut into 6-inch lengths
- 1 oz shredded mozzarella cheese I love Polly-O
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Put the beaten egg in one bowl, and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese a second bowl.
- Wash and dry the shrimp. Season lightly black pepper, then put a few at a time in the bowl with the egg to coat. Then into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on a baking sheet.
- Spray the top of the shrimp generously with oil then bake in the middle rack for about 6-7 minutes.
- Turn shrimp over then cook another 3 minutes or until cooked though.
- In a large oven safe skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer on low 5 to 6 minutes.
- When the shrimp is done, add the zucchini noodles and cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes tops, stirring to combine with sauce.
- Place the cooked shrimp over the zoodles, top with cheese and place under the broiler 1 minute until the cheese melts.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
*You’ll only use half the egg so the nutritional info reflects 1/2 large egg.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Tuttorosso Tomatoes. A natural fit as they have always been my favorite choice of canned tomatoes.