Quick and easy to prepare, this Baked Chicken Tenderloin Parmesan is a family-friendly weeknight dish, prepared with just a handful of simple ingredients. One of my all-time favorite chicken tenderloin recipes!
Parmesan Chicken Tenderloins in Oven
Two family favorites – chicken tenders and chicken parmesan – combine for an easy weeknight dish with this baked chicken tenderloin parmesan recipe.
Honestly, I wasn’t sure how chicken parmesan would come out with chicken tenderloins, but I was pleasantly surprised. The chicken was so tender, and my picky husband loved it. Since then, it’s become a regular dish on our dinner table.
The best part is that it’s ready in just 35 minutes so it’s perfect for those busy weeknights. I like to add a garden fresh salad or some roasted veggies as a side to turn it into a quick, easy, and healthy dinner.
If you need more chicken tenderloin recipes, these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders and these Pickle-Brined Chicken Tenders are both very popular! And if you love your air fryer, try this Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan.
Why You’ll Love This Baked Chicken Tenderloin Recipe
Here are a few reasons why I love this chicken tenderloins in the oven recipe.
- Easy to prepare. From start to finish, this chicken tenderloin recipe takes just over 30 minutes and most of that is hands-off bake time.
- Family-friendly. This chicken tenders parmesan recipe has been a hit with everyone who has tried it, from my picky husband to the kids.
- Perfect for busy weeknights. This is a no-fuss recipe that’s made with just a handful of ingredients, making it perfect for even the busiest of weeknights.
What You’ll Need
This chicken tenders parmesan recipe is made with just a handful of ingredients.
- Chicken Tenders: If you don’t have tenders, you can slice breasts into long strips.
- Egg: The egg will help the breading stick to the chicken.
- Breadcrumbs: I like to use seasoned breadcrumbs because it reduces the number of ingredients. If you don’t have them, you can sprinkle in some dried herbs, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Marinara: Use your favorite brand or make your own with my quick marinara sauce recipe.
- Cheese: I use both shredded part-skim mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese.
- Basil: Fresh basil leaves are added at the end for garnish.
Are chicken tenders just cut up chicken breasts?
Chicken breasts and tenderloins, also called chicken tenders, are actually not the same. The tenderloin is a muscle underneath the breast that is removed and sold separately. As their name implies, tenderloins are more tender than breasts.
How to Make Chicken Tenders Parmesan
This is one of my favorite chicken tenderloin recipes because it’s just so easy to make.
- Prep: Line a sheet pan with foil and spray it with oil. Season the chicken with salt. Crack the egg into a shallow bowl, and put the breadcrumbs in another.
- Dredge the chicken: Dip the tenders in the egg, then the breadcrumbs, and shake off any excess. Place the tenders on the pan, and spray both sides generously with oil.
- Bake the chicken: Bake at 425°F for 18 minutes, flipping it halfway. Don’t worry about it getting crispy – it will get covered in marinara anyway.
- Cheese and sauce: Transfer the chicken strips to a 9” x 13” baking dish. Spread the sauce over the chicken and top it with both kinds of cheese. Bake for eight to 10 minutes until the marinara is hot and the cheese is melted. Top the chicken parmesan with fresh basil.
What to Serve with Chicken Parmesan
You could also make a chicken parmesan sandwich with a hoagie roll or baguette or serve the tenderloins with your favorite pasta and extra marinara.
Have leftovers of this baked chicken tenderloin recipe? Here’s how to store them.
- Fridge. Leftover chicken parmesan will keep in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Freezer. You can also freeze them for up to three months.
- Reheat. Thaw them in the fridge overnight and reheat them in the oven or microwave when you’re ready to eat them.
More Chicken Tenderloin Recipes You’ll Love
- Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce
- Sesame-Encrusted Chicken Tenders
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
- Skillet Sazon Chicken Tenders
- Tortilla-Encrusted Chicken Tenders
Chicken Tenders Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray.
- Season chicken with salt. Place egg in a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Dip chicken in the egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture and shake off excess and place on a sheet pan.
- Spray both sides of the chicken generously with oil.
- Bake the chicken 18 minutes flipping halfway until cooked through. It’s ok if it’s not crispy, it’s going to get covered in marinara anyway.
- Transfer to a 9×13-inch baking pan, arrange the chicken strips. Spread the marinara sauce over the chicken and top with the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until marinara is hot and the cheese is melted. Top with basil.