Skillet Sazon Chicken Tenders
When Karina, my oldest daughter (and the pickier of the two) was younger, and I was making something spicy I knew she wouldn’t eat, I used to quickly whip up this dish. Nothing fancy, just ingredients I always had on hand.
Funny because once she went off to college I never made it again. Recently I ask her which of my recipes she likes most, this one is in her list of top 10. Considering how much she likes it and how quick and easy it is to make, I figured I’d have to share it with you all here. I always served it for her over rice with avocado but you can serve it over farro, quinoa or any grain you prefer. I’ve also taken the leftovers and shredded them in my blender for amazing shredded chicken to use in fajitas and quesadillas.
Weeknight Skillet Sazon Chicken Tenders
- Season chicken with dry sazon seasoning and salt.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add chicken, cook 4 minutes, turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown. Set aside on a dish.
- Add remaining teaspoon of oil and scallions and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add tomato, season with salt and cook 3 to 4 minutes until soft and thickened.
- Add the broth, mix and return the chicken; cover and simmer 1 to 2 minutes to loosen the sauce.