Chicken and Mushrooms in a garlicky white wine sauce is a great-tasting, 20-minute dish, perfect for those busy weeknights!
Chicken and Mushrooms Garlic Wine Sauce
Chicken Tenderloins and Mushrooms in a Garlic Wine Sauce is an easy dish that combines tender chicken with earthy mushrooms and a rich, flavorful sauce. This recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners because it’s quick and family-friendly. More chicken tenderloin recipes you will love, Air Fryer Chicken Tenders, Chicken Tenders Parmesan or these Pickle Brined Chicken Tenders.
This recipe was originally lightened up from my friend Julia’s recipe back in 2011. She has twice as many family members in her household so I halved her recipe and cut back on the butter and olive oil. I then substituted half of the wine for fat free chicken broth and the results were fantastic.
What to serve with chicken tenderloins and mushrooms
We like it served with brown rice, pasta, quinoa or farro on the side, along with a big salad.
- If you prefer to use chicken breasts, slice them into strips before you cook them.
- To make this gluten-free, you can use gluten-free flour or leave it out for Whole30.
- Those of you who don’t cook with wine, use chicken broth instead.
More Chicken Tenderloin Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Tenders Parmesan
- Pickle Brined Chicken Tenders
- Tortilla Encrusted Chicken Tenders
- Sesame Encrusted Chicken Tenders
Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce
- 8 chicken tenderloins, 16 oz total
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*, use rice flour for gluten free, omit for paleo, w30
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine, omit for w30, paleo and add more broth
- 1/3 cup fat free chicken broth
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge in flour.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat; when hot add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Set aside in a warm oven.
- Add additional oil and butter to the skillet, then garlic and cook a few seconds; add mushrooms, salt and pepper stirring occasionally until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, chicken broth, parsley; stir the pan with a wooden spoon breaking up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook a few more minutes or until the liquid reduces by half.
- Top the chicken with the mushroom sauce and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo Credit: Annalise Sandberg of Completely Delicious