You know those yummy Asian Chicken Lettuce wraps often served as appetizers? Well this one is served over a big chopped salad! So tasty, and a great way to take an appetizer and turn it into a main dish salad!
Asian Chicken Chopped Salad
I love Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, so this salad has my name all over it! I really love how quick it all comes together, it takes about 15 minutes start to finish! This is great to make ahead for lunch (why not make this a salad in a jar!) or hearty enough to enjoy for dinner.
I wish I could take the credit for this idea, but the recipe came from my friend Shelly, the author of The Cookies and Cups Cookbook! Shelly’s cookbook is filled with amazing desserts, many I plan to try on those special occasions when you just need a good dessert! It’s also filled with some savory dishes, such as this salad. If you love to bake, this book is a must!
The chicken is is combined with chestnuts and cashews seasoned with hoisin, vinegar, Sriracha, soy sauce, and ginger. It’s served over a big bowl of greens with carrots, and it’s simply delicious!
Asian Chicken Chopped Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- rice vinegar
- sesame and vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
How To Make Asian Chicken Chopped Salad
More Salad Recipes You Will Love!
- Kale Salad with Quinoa and Cranberries
- Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Salad
- Salmon Avocado Salad
- Zest Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Chickpea Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
Asian Lettuce Wrap Chicken Chopped Salad
For the Salad Dressing:
For the chicken:
For the Salad:
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce, chopped
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oils, honey, ginger, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Set the dressing aside.
- For the chicken: In a medium bowl, whisk together the hoisin, vinegar, Sriracha, soy sauce, and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray then add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the water chestnuts and cashews to the pan. Pour the reserved hoisin mixture on top and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to heat through. Stir in the scallions. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the salad: In a large salad bowl, combine both of the lettuces and the carrots. Toss the salad with the dressing and divide in 4 bowls. Top each with 3/4 cup chicken mixture.
- Serve immediately.