This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This fast and easy Baked Chicken Breast recipe is topped with pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven, or make it outside on the grill!
Chicken Pesto Bake
Chicken Recipes are the most searched recipes on my blog. A few other popular chicken recipes are General Tsos Chicken, Baked Chicken Parmesan and Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans and Corn.
This chicken recipe is really popular because it’s made with just 5 ingredients and is ready in under 30 minutes – a winner in my book!
Pesto Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken breasts, for protein
- Homemade Pesto, for freshness and flavor
- Tomatoes, for freshness
- Mozzarella, for protein and melty goodness
- Parmesan cheese, for unami
What To Serve with Baked Pesto Chicken
I like to serve this with salad or zucchini noodles to keep it low-carb but you can also serve it over pasta.
How To Make Baked Pesto Chicken
Chicken Pesto Bake
This easy Baked Pesto Chicken is a fast chicken dish made with skinless chicken breasts, pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. You can make this in the oven, or make it outside on the grill!
Yield: 4 Servings
Serving Size: 1 piece chicken
- 2 16 oz total boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons Skinny Basil Pesto
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- 6 tbsp 1.5 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Wash chicken and dry with a paper towel. Slice chicken breast horizontally to create 4 thinner cutlets. Season lightly with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment if desired for easy clean-up.
- Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet. Spread about 1 teaspoon of pesto over each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from oven; top with tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To Grill: Grill chicken over medium flame on both sides until cooked through in the center. Lower flame, top chicken with pesto, tomatoes and cheese, and close grill until cheese melts.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 piece chicken, Calories: 205 kcal, Carbohydrates: 2.5 g, Protein: 30 g, Fat: 8.5 g, Saturated Fat: 2.5 g, Cholesterol: 90.5 mg, Sodium: 171.5 mg, Fiber: 0.5 g