This EASY Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken with Black Beans and Corn recipe is cheesy and delicious, made with boneless chicken breast, black beans, corn and salsa topped with melted cheddar cheese. YUM!
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken with Black Beans
If you need an easy weeknight dinner, use your slow cooker! This easy, slow cooker salsa chicken recipe with black beans and corn a dump and go recipe. Easy prep in under 5 minutes, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights! A variation of my popular Crock Pot Chicken and a favorite in my house. More slow cooker recipes I love with easy prep are Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili and Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup.
I seriously died and went to heaven after the first bite of this chicken. It was so good, I am actually making it again for dinner tonight! The chicken breast comes out so tender and flavorful, and this slow cooker recipe just couldn’t be easier!
How To Make Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken with Black Beans and Corn
How To Serve Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken:
- Yesterday I served it over 1/2 cup cooked brown rice with 1 ounce avocado and it was perfection
- If you want to lower your carbs, try this over cauliflower rice.
- To turn these into tacos, you transfer the chicken, corn and black beans with a slotted spoon into a serving platter (there will be liquid in the bottom of the slow cooker, you’ll want to discard that) then shred the chicken with two forks and mix it all together. Serve the cheese on the side with tortillas.
And since so many are asking, although I have and love my Instant Pot, I still love my slow cooker! I have the 6 Quart Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker (affil link). I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it’s done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This slow cooker is so great, I actually own several!
You may also like these Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken with Black Beans and Corn
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 15 ounce can reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts halved lengthwise, 16 oz
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning, or salt to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cups chunky mild salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, reduced fat Sargento
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- optional, serve with avocado and brown rice
- Combine corn and beans and put them in the slow cooker.
- Season the chicken with adobo (or salt), garlic powder and cumin then place in the slow cooker and top with salsa.
- Cover and cook LOW for 6 hours.
- Top with cheese, cover and cook until melted, about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
- To serve, transfer the chicken and vegetables with a slotted spoon and serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.