Roasted Spaghetti Squash
My favorite way to cook spaghetti squash is to roast it in the oven. If you’re not sure how to cook a spaghetti squash in the oven, you can follow this easy method!
Spaghetti squash is so healthy and versatile. You can simply enjoy it with salt and pepper as a side dish, drizzle it with butter and grated cheese, or top it with tomato sauce to replace your favorite spaghetti dish. Here is a basic recipe for roasted spaghetti squash.
How Else Do You Cook Spaghetti Squash?
- Fast Method: For a quicker way to make spaghetti squash, you can do it in the microwave. Prick outside of squash 8 to 10 times and place in the microwave for 6 minutes on high, then turn and cook an additional 6 minutes, until the skin gives easily when pressed. Remove from the microwave and let it cool about 8 to 10 minutes (the inside will be very hot). Use a large knife to cut the squash in half horizontally, there should be no resistance. If there is, you may need to cook it a few more minutes. Remove the seeds and use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti-like strands of squash.
- Slow Cooker Method: Prick outside of squash 8 to 10 times and place in a slow cooker. Pour 1/2 cup water into the slow cooker and cook on Low 4 to 6 hours. Remove squash, let it cool, 15 minutes. Halve the squash lengthwise. Scoop seeds out and shred the flesh from the skin with a fork to make strands.
Some of my favorite spaghetti squash recipes:
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash is so versatile and easy to make! Enjoy it with salt and pepper as a side dish, drizzle it with butter and grated cheese, or top it with tomato sauce to replace your favorite spaghetti dish. Here is a basic recipe for roasted spaghetti squash.
- 1 large ripe spaghetti squash
- salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and fibers with a spoon.
- Place on a baking sheet, cut side up and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350° about an hour or until the skin gives easily under pressure and the inside is tender. Remove from oven and let it cool 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, scrape out the squash flesh a little at a time. It will separate into spaghetti-like strands.
- Place in a serving dish and serve hot.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 0
- Points +: 1
- Calories: 42 calories
- Total Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 28mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 1g