Chicken Salad with Avocado
This quick and easy chicken salad is made with the breast meat of a Rotisserie chicken, avocado, fresh tomatoes, basil and lemon juice. Whole30 friendly and a great way to enjoy those end-of-summer garden tomatoes.
Chicken Avocado Salad
Made with just a few ingredients, and it’s also low-carb, gluten-free and Keto.
Although I am really excited about the fall seasoning arriving, I am also sad to see tomato season coming to an end. We have tons of basil in our garden so I tossed a bunch of leaves in and loved the flavor with the lemon.
Variations and Tips:
- You can swap the basil for peppery baby arugula or a mix of your fresh garden herbs like chives and parsley.
- If you want to make this ahead for a meal prep lunch, cut the avocado just before you’re ready to eat. You can also make this in a jar my combining the olive oil and lemon juice at the bottom with the avocados in the dressing, this should keep them from browning. Then top with chicken, then tomatoes.
More Chicken Salad Recipes You Make Like:
- Cilantro Chicken Salad
- Chicken Salad with Lemon and Dill
- Lighter Classic Chicken Salad
- Houston’s Grilled Chicken Salad
- BBQ Chicken Salad
Basil Chicken and Tomato Salad
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- chicken breast from 1 rotisserie chicken, 12 ounces
- 5 ounces avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup small fresh basil leaves
- kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- Divide the tomatoes between 4 plates or bowls.
- Shred the chicken breast into large pieces and arrange over tomatoes with the avocado.
- Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze with lemon juice and season with salt and fresh pepper, to taste.
- Top with fresh basil.
Photo Credit: Jess Larson