Move over tacos, these scallop tostadas are SO good and they’re ready in less than 20 minutes!
More scallop recipes you might enjoy are Blackened Scallops with Horseradish Sauce, Green Scallop Tacos, and Grilled Scallop and Orange Kebabs with Honey-Ginger Glaze.
I love seared sea scallops, and served over guacamole drizzle with crema they are phenomenal and really easy to make. If you want to keep this low-carb, ditch the tostada shell and serve them over a salad instead!
For the Guacamole:
- 4 oz 1 small haas avocado
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
For the Tostadas:
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream, thinned with 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 6 large sea scallops, (8 ounces total) side muscle removed, rinsed and pat dry
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large corn tostada shells*
- *Read labels for gluten-free.
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl with the tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper to taste.
- Season scallops with salt and black pepper. Add the butter and oil to a 12-inch skillet on high heat. Once the butter begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.
- Spoon the guacamole onto the tostada, top with scallops and drizzle with sour cream.