These easy loaded chicken “nacho” tostadas – topped with cheese, tomatoes, guacamole, olives and jalapenos are a great way to take nachos and turn them into a main dish.
Loaded “Nacho” Chicken Tostada
Perfect for lunch or dinner with a side salad. To make this kid-friendly leave the jalapenos out. I made them with grilled chicken but they would also great with leftover chicken. More of my favorite ways to make loaded nachos or “nachos” are Jalapeno Popper “Nachos”, Greek Nachos and Loaded Nachos with Turkey, Beans and Cheese.
More Tostada Recipes:
Loaded "Nacho" Chicken Tostada
- 4 to stada shells
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded Mexican blend cheese, I used Sargento
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado, about 1 small
- 1 medium lime, halved
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed*
- 1/3 cup canned drained black beans, rinsed
- 1 jalalpeno, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses.
- In another small bowl, combine avocado, juice from half the lime, and a pinch of salt.
- In one more bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, juice from the other lime half, ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste.
- To assemble: Layer each with 1/3 cup chicken, 1 tbsp black beans, and sprinkle with 2 1/2 tbsp cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Top each with a dollop of avocado and a spoonful of the tomato salsa, jalapeno black olives. Top each with a small sprinkle of salt.