Spicy Breakfast Fajitas with Eggs and Guacamole is my not just delicious for breakfast, you can also serve them for lunch or dinner!
I just love breakfast tacos with eggs, and these breakfast fajitas are no exception. Loaded with peppers, onions and guacamole and topped with a runny egg (you can prepare the eggs however you like).
My husband Tommy LOVES fajitas, so this breakfast version is a winner in my house! If you make this for lunch or dinner, plan on 2 per person and maybe a side of Mexican Cauli Rice.
From the beautiful vegetarian cookbook (affiliate link) Love Real Food by Kathryn Taylor, which has over 100 feel good vegetarian favorites with beautiful photos all taken by Katheryn herself. She has so many mouth watering meatless recipes, it was hard to choose which one to make first. Hope you enjoy!
Breakfast Fajitas Variations
- If you’re not a fan of fried eggs, scramble them instead.
- Use a Mexican blend of cheese or cheddar in place of Feta cheese or queso fresco.
More Breakfast Recipes
Spicy Breakfast Fajitas with Eggs and Guacamole
- Quick Guacamole
- 6 ounces avocado, from 1 large or 1 1/2 medium
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or more if needed
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, sliced into 1⁄2-inch-wide strips
- 1 ⁄2 medium white onion, sliced into 1⁄2-inch-wide wedges
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Fajitas and Garnishes
- 6 corn tortillas
- olive oil spray
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ounce crumbled feta or queso fresco cheese
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce and/or your favorite salsa
For the guacamole:
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh of the avocados into a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and mash with a pastry cutter, potato masher, or fork until the mixture is blended and no longer chunky.
- Taste and add additional lime juice and/or salt, if necessary.
To prepare the veggies:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is shimmering, add the bell peppers and onion, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and a few dashes of salt. Toss to combine, cover the pan, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are easily pierced by a fork, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking, stirring often, until the vegetables are lightly charred on the edges, about 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the garlic, toss well, and cook for another minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and drizzle in the lime juice. Toss, season to taste with additional salt, and cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, to prepare the fajitas:
- In a small skillet over medium heat, warm each tortilla on both sides until heated through. Stack the warmed tortillas on a plate as they are done and cover them with a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet, spray with oil over medium-low heat.
- Carefully crack an egg and pour it into the skillet without breaking the yolk. Cook covered until the whites set, about 2 minutes, or longer to taste.
- Transfer the egg to a plate and repeat with the remaining eggs.
- To assemble the breakfast fajitas, spread the guacamole on each tortilla, top each with an egg, followed by some veggies. Sprinkle with cheese, cilantro, and freshly ground pepper. Serve with hot sauce and/or salsa on the side.
28 comments on “Spicy Breakfast Fajitas with Eggs and Guacamole”
So good I’m making it for a second Sunday in a row
How many points are 2 of these fanitas?
My husband and I just had this for dinner tonight to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! It was so tastey and filling! We each had two fajitas! Another very easy recipe to make! We added Mexican blend shredded cheese instead of feta. Delicious!
I did four eggs, four tortillas, and one yellow pepper but left the rest the same. Delicious! (Substituted flour tortillas and feta cheese, cooked the eggs through.)
I scrambled the eggs, using, salt, pepper and cooked them low and slow. They were so rich and velvety, and the eggs took this dish to the next level. I had gone for a long run this morning, and these are perfect after a workout; so full of healthy protein and carbs!
These were delicious! I didn’t have cheese and substituted a low carb flour tortilla (It’s what I had on hand). This is going into my regular rotation.
Love love love these! My new favorite breakfast meal! Thank you for sharing all your delicious recipes!
You’re welcome Bianca!
Just made these – I don’t think I’ve ever eaten something so messy in my life! And that includes BBQ Ribs LOL! These were great and will definitely be showing up for weeknight meals often. Thanks again, Gina!
I’ve never commented on a page before even though I make things from your site almost nightly and own your cookbooks and always sing your praise….but I had to say something about these. They were so insanely good that my husband said he has never tried anything better. SO much flavor and filling enough to have two for dinner. I want to eat these everyday, so great! Thanks!
Thank you Cristina!
I have been eating your recipes for the last year and am 8 pounds away from my goal weight! Its recipes like these that makes eating while on a diet amazing.
Making these for Taco Tuesday tomorrow!
Gina, thank you SO MUCH for sharing this recipe! I really appreciate it. It was wonderful to see you at Ali’s wedding. Hope to see you again soon!
Can’t wait to make these – they look delicious! But more importantly … what is that dish underneath the tacos? I want one!
It’s hand made pottery.
What kind of tortillas do you use?
These were from Trader Joes
Thanks for asking that question I wondered that myself, lol
Made this yesterday and it was amazing! It made my daughter’s top 10. So flavorful! Thank you
THANK YOU GINA! Was on the lookout for new breakfast recipes and you thankfully posted this! Can’t wait to make it this weekend! 18 weeks on Weight Watchers and down almost 40 lbs thanks for your awesome recipes!
Oh wow! This looks so good! Thank you very much!
Delicious!!! Loved every healthy bite! Yum.
So up my alley! I make your huevos Rancheros weekly. Can’t wait to add these to my rotation
These look great, and perfect for my regular habit of Breakfast for Dinner!
These looks amazing!! Going to have them for breakfast in the morning!