Roasted Red Pepper and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breast
Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
These baked prosciutto stuffed chicken breasts are really simple to make. Stuffed with mozzarella, roasted red peppers, prosciutto and baby spinach. They are baked, not fried so they are low in calories. Serve this with a big garden salad and you have yourself a meal.
I couldn’t eat two pieces after I photographed this. One piece with a side salad was plenty for me, but my husband who has a bigger appetite found two pieces the perfect amount. For the side salad I just tossed romaine lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes with a little olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper – simple and delicious!
Roasted Red Pepper and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken
- 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
- 4 2.8 oz slices thin lean prosciutto, sliced in half
- 4 slices reduced fat provolone or mozzarella, sliced in half (Sargento)
- 8 slices 2.5 oz roasted peppers (packed in water or homemade)
- 24 fresh baby spinach leaves, about 1 oz
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs or GF breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
- Wash and dry the chicken cutlets well with paper towels.
- Combine breadcrumbs in one bowl and in a second bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place each cutlet on a work surface such as a cutting board and lay 1/2 slice prosciutto, 1/2 slice cheese, 1 slice of roasted pepper and 3 spinach leaves on one side of the chicken cutlet.
- Roll and place seam side down on a dish (no toothpicks needed). Dip the chicken in the olive oil and lemon juice, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Air Fryer Directions:
- Cook in the air fryer in batches at 400°F for 12 minutes, turning half way through.