Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts are filled with cheese, shredded carrots, and minced celery, and then rolled, breaded, baked, and drizzled with hot sauce. Sound enticing? It should be – this is good stuff!
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts
One of my subscribers kindly shared this Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breast recipe with me over a decade ago. I love it when my fans share their creations with me to share with all of you, especially when it’s something delicious. If you know how much I like stuffed chicken breast, you know I was all over this version! They are so easy to make, and the combinations are endless. A few of my favorites are Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Breast, and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Alla Parmigiano. And if you want more buffalo chicken ideas, this Buffalo Chicken Dip and Buffalo Chicken Salad are always a hit!
How To Make Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts
- Stuffing: To make the stuffing mixture, mix cheddar cheese, Laughing Cow cheese, blue cheese, celery, green onion, carrot, salt, and pepper. Lay out the cutlets and spread an equal amount of the mixture in the middle. Roll the chicken.
- Dredging Station: Put the crushed Ritz crackers in one shallow bowl. In another one, combine mayo, one tablespoon of hot sauce, and lemon juice.
- Coat: Cover the chicken in the mayo mixture and then roll it in the crumbs. Place it on a greased baking sheet and continue with the remaining chicken.
- Bake: Lightly spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes at 400°
What is buffalo sauce made of?
This quick buffalo sauce is made of melted butter, Frank’s hot sauce, and garlic powder.
What to Serve with Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Here’s a few side dish recipe ideas to go with stuffed chicken breasts:
- With a crisp salad of lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, and celery, drizzled with homemade blue cheese dressing.
- Green salad with homemade ranch dressing.
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Sauteed Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Brown or wild rice
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Potatoes
Variations & Tips:
- Hot Sauce: I love Frank’s hot sauce, but you can use whatever you prefer. If you don’t like spicy food, this recipe probably isn’t for you, but you can always omit the hot sauce or use less for a mild stuffed chicken.
- Chicken: To save time I like to buy pre-sliced thin chicken breast cutlets. If you can’t find them pre-cut at the supermarket, you can cut boneless, skinless breasts and pound them to make them thinner.
- Mayo: Swap mayo for an egg or Greek yogurt.
- Gluten-free: Substitute Ritz crackers for gluten-free panko.
- Cheese: If you don’t have Laughing Cow, reduced-fat cream cheese will work.
- Leftovers: If you have leftover stuffed chicken, store it in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for three months.
More Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes:
- Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto and Cheese
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
- Roasted Red Pepper and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Sun Dried Tomato and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Rollatini
- Enchilada Chicken Roll-ups
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% cheddar
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow cheese
- 1/3 cup celery stalk, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 1/4 cup carrot, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 thin boneless chicken breasts cutlets, 3 oz each
- 15 reduced fat Ritz Crackers, crushed into crumbs or gluten-free panko
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp Franks hot sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil spray,
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a baking dish with oil.
- Mix cheddar, laughing cow cheese, celery, green onion, carrot, salt and pepper in a dish.
- Lay out the chicken cutlets, placing even amount of mixture in the middle and spread in the center. Roll up each cutlet.
- In one bowl make a breading station out of crushed ritz crumbs or gluten-free panko.
- In another bowl combine mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, and lemon juice as a dredging mixture.
- Roll chicken breasts in the mayonnaise mixture, then into cracker crumbs, and put on a lightly greased pan, seam side down.
- Lightly spray top of chicken with oil. Bake 30 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, melt butter and mix with the remaining hot sauce and garlic powder.
- Drizzle buffalo sauce over finished chicken breast and serve.