If you don’t have time to cook, you’ll love this 5-minute Salmon Rice Bowl with Bok Choy made in the microwave!
Microwave Salmon Rice Bowl
For the quickest, flakiest, most perfectly cooked salmon – use your microwave! This whole meal, salmon and veggies cooks in 5 minutes, and it comes out perfectly every time! It’s my go-to when I need a healthy lunch and am short on time. Made in my Anyday microwave dish which I love because it’s glass and has a vented lid. Use discount code: SKINNYTASTE for 10% off The Meal Prep Set on cookanyday.com. If you try it, let me know what you think in the comments!
Salmon Rice Bowls Ingredients
- Rice: I meal prep brown rice in portions and freeze it so I can pop it in the microwave any time. You can also buy frozen brown rice.
- Salmon Rice Bowl Sauce: Sweet red chili sauce, sriracha, freshly grated ginger.
- Salmon: Use a six-ounce filet. The fish can be fresh or frozen and thawed.
- Baby Bok Choy: Halve one bok choy lengthwise.
- Flavor: Season the bok choy with a pinch of salt and drizzle of sesame oil.
How to Make Microwave Salmon Rice Bowls
Here’s how I make this easy salmon rice bowl recipe.
- I partially heat the frozen rice in a microwave-safe dish covered with a vent. I love Anyday’s glass dishes because they come with lids and are so well made. Use discount code: SKINNYTASTE for 10% off The Meal Prep Set
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the rice is warm, place the baby bok choy and salmon in the dish, and drizzle some sesame oil and a pinch of salt over the bok choy.
- Next, brush the glaze over the fish and pop it back in the microwave for three to four minutes. You’ll have perfectly poached salmon and steamed veggies.
- Rice: Swap brown rice with white rice. If you don’t have frozen rice, you can make your own or buy a microwavable rice pouch for faster cooking.
- Low Carb: Swap the rice for cauliflower rice.
- Vegetables: If you can’t find baby bok choy, fresh spinach, broccoli, cauliflower rice, or edamame would also work.
- Spicy Salmon Rice Bowls: These bowls have a bit of a kick, but feel free to add more sriracha if you like extra spicy food.
More Salmon Recipes You’ll Love:
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Vegetables
- Korean-Inspired Salmon Tacos with Spicy Slaw
- Salmon Fried Rice
- Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon
- Salmon Coconut Curry with Spinach and Chickpeas
5-Minute Microwave Salmon Rice Bowl
- 1/2 cup frozen brown rice
- 1 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 6 ounce piece salmon filet
- 1 baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place frozen rice in a medium shallow anyday dish (or microwave safe dish), making sure to lift the vent and microwave on high 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a small bowl combine red chili sauce sauce, sriracha and ginger.
- Remove from microwave and stir, place the halved baby bok choy on the edges of the bowl.
- Place the salmon filet skin side down in the center.
- Top everything with a pinch of salt. Drizzle the sesame oil over the bok choy.
- Brush the sauce over the salmon and cover, vented.
- Microwave 3 to 4 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through. I usually do 3 minutes for one piece.