One bite of this Pasta and Beans recipe with Balsamic Roasted Veggies and you’ll want to make it all summer long!
Balsamic Roasted Veggies and Pasta
It’s made with roasted zucchini, yellow squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, peppers, and broccoli then tossed with beans and pesto. SO good, and picky husband approved! Pesto not your thing? Try this Summer Macaroni Salad instead! I also love this Summer Cavatelli with Corn, Tomatoes and Zucchini dish!
For the pasta, I used Delallo’s gluten-free fusilli, the best gluten-free pasta brand out there in my opinion! It has the perfect al dente texture when it’s cooked, it’s so good I use it all the time simply because I like the taste although none of use have issues with gluten. Of course, you could use whole wheat pasta instead if you prefer.
How To Make Pasta and Beans
More Pasta Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Angel Hair with Shrimp and Asparagus
- Orzo with Zucchini and Tomato
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Spaghetti with Chicken and Grape Tomatoes
Balsamic Roasted Veggie and White Bean Pasta
For balsamic vegetables:
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4” thick rounds
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4” thick rounds
- 1 dry pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into 1” pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray 2 sheet pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, Italian herbs, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add 2 tablespoons oil and whisk until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, add vegetables (from broccoli to onion), and dressing and toss to evenly coat. Spread vegetables out in an even layer onto prepared sheet pans. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to the package directions, reserving a little water before draining.
- To assemble: Combine the cooked pasta, pesto and beans adding 2 tablespoons of the reserved water as needed, toss with the roasted veggies, ¼ cup parmesan and toss well to coat. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and top with red pepper flakes, if using. Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.