Macaroni Salad with Tomatoes and Zucchini is the perfect summer pasta salad loaded with fresh vegetables tossed in a light creamy dressing.
Macaroni Salad with Tomatoes and Zucchini
Need a macaroni salad to bring to your next BBQ loaded with summer vegetables? Look no further! When I’m not making this macaroni salad, I’m usually making this zucchini version. It’s the perfect summer pasta salad loaded with fresh summer tomatoes and zucchini tossed in a light creamy dressing. I even snuck in some Greek yogurt for added creaminess but with all the other flavors you won’t know it’s there.
This makes enough for a large gathering, perfect for your Fourth of July parties but if you want to make this for a smaller group you can simply halve the recipe.
What to Serve with Summer Macaroni Salad
- Burgers – Turkey Burgers or Salmon Burgers
- Chicken Breast – Juicy, flavorful Grilled Chicken Breast or Air Fryer Chicken Breast.
- Chicken Thighs – Juicier and more flavorful than chicken breast, these Grilled Chicken Thighs are a winner in my house. If you have an air fryer, make these Air Fryer Chicken Thighs.
- Steak – Grilled steaks or Air Fryer Steak
- More Side Dishes: Round out your summer potluck with Greek Pasta Salad, Red Potato Salad or Grilled Corn.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
- Summer Pasta Salad with Baby Greens
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Macaroni Salad with Tomatoes
- Shrimp Tortellini Salad
- Summer Cavatelli
Summer Macaroni Salad with Tomatoes and Zucchini
- 16 oz uncooked elbows
- 4 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 7 tbsp light mayonnaise, Hellman's
- 2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in generously salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a medium bowl, combine onions, mayonnaise, vinegar, yogurt, mustard, oregano, garlic powder; mix well.
- Add tomatoes (and any juice from the tomato), zucchini, pasta, salt and pepper to taste, toss well and place in a large bowl.