Broiled or Grilled Pollo Sabroso
My family’s favorite chicken recipe is this Broiled or Grilled Pollo Sabroso seasoned with Latin flavors to create the best tasting grilled chicken thighs.
Pollo Sabroso means delicious chicken in Spanish so I thought the name would be perfectly fitting for this flavorful chicken that everyone loves in my house. I especially love it topped with a little Peruvian Green Sauce! If you don’t like bone-in meat, you can make this with chicken breast, or try my Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken Breast, or Peruvian-Inspired Grilled Chicken Skewers. Or look at all my chicken recipes here.
Latin food has so much flavor because we like to use lots of seasoning and this chicken is no exception. A quick recipe for the broiler or grill; you can use thighs, legs, breast, wings, whatever you like. I usually let this marinate at least 20 minutes, but it’s even better if you marinate it overnight.
I personally enjoy this with all visible fat trimmed off the chicken and a small piece of skin on top. If you wish to make this without the skin, the points and calories will be lower. This is also great with boneless chicken thighs or breasts.
Sazon seasoning with achiote is what gives this chicken the red color, and can be purchased in most supermarkets. I personally like Badia because it does not have MSG. I also have a recipe for Homemade Sazon if you wish to make it from scratch.
How To Grill Chicken Thighs
- Preheat the grill for medium heat, about 350°F.
- Cook the chicken a few minutes on each side with the lid closed, until golden and grill marks appear.
- Move the chicken around and flip every few minutes with the lid closed, making sure they don’t burn about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temp is 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest 5 minutes before serving.
How To Grill Boneless Chicken Thighs
If you prefer boneless skinless thighs, cook the chicken medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
More Latin Chicken Recipes You May Enjoy
- Weeknight Skillet Sazon Chicken Tenders
- Arroz Con Pollo, Lightened Up
- Pressure Cooker Stewed Chicken with Corn
- Crock Pot Chicken A La Criolla
- Peruvian Inspired Chicken Skewers
Broiled or Grilled Pollo Sabroso5
- Season chicken with vinegar and soy sauce.
- Add sazon, 1 teaspoon of adobo, garlic powder, oregano and adobo and mix well. (Don't use your hands or they will turn orange)
- Let chicken marinate while you heat the grill.
- Broil or grill on low until chicken is cooked through, turning a few times, careful not to burn, about 30 minutes. Enjoy with rice and salad.
Your comments are helpful!! If you’ve tried this delicious grilled chicken thigh recipe or any other recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear your thoughts, variations and feedback. And if you took some photos of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can re-share on my stories!