Chilled Italian Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Salad
Loaded with shrimp, this Chilled Italian Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Salad is perfect for dining al fresco!
This delicious, light shrimp and tortellini salad can be served as a side or main dish, perfect for summer potlucks or pool parties, or anytime you need a pasta salad that isn’t weighed down with heavy mayo. Great to make ahead as the flavors get better the longer it sits. Leftovers are perfect to pack for lunch!
Delallo asked me to create a recipe using their Ricotta and Spinach Tortellini and tortellini salad was the first thing that came to mind! I LOVE a good tortellini salad in the summer, but often it’s made with lots of olive oil, cheese and salami or ham which makes it a pretty high calorie dish. I wanted to make a lighter version and loved the results. Loaded with shrimp, a low calorie protein and lots of fresh celery, olives and lemon juice, this salad is a winner!
As a main dish, the portions are generous, if you want to serve this as a side I would serve half the portions. You can also make half the recipe if you want to make this for less people.
How To Make Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Salad
Chilled Italian Shrimp and Tortellini Salad
This delicious, light shrimp and tortellini salad can be served as a side or main dish, perfect for summer potlucks or pool parties, or anytime you need a pasta salad that isn’t weighed down with heavy mayo.
- 8 1/2 oz Delallo ricotta spinach tortellini
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 oz capers
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook tortellini according to package directions. Using a large mesh spoon, transfer the pasta to a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Return water to a boil and add the shrimp, poach for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are just pink, rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking, drain and cut into large pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion, celery, capers and olives and pour the dressing over; mix well.
- Add the shrimp, tortellini and remaining ingredients. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and chill before serving.
Yield: 6 Servings, Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 6
- Points +: 9
- Calories: 366 calories
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 251mg
- Sodium: 1048mg
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 37g
I created this recipe in partnership with Delallo Foods. I only work with brands I LOVE and use in my very own kitchen. Hope you enjoy the recipe!