Chilled Italian Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Salad
Chilled Italian Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Salad is loaded with shrimp, perfect for dining al fresco!
Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Salad
This delicious, light shrimp and tortellini salad can be served as a side or main dish. It’s perfect for summer potlucks, pool parties, or anytime you need a pasta salad because it isn’t weighed down with heavy mayo. It’s also great to make ahead as the flavors get better the longer it sits. Leftovers are perfect to pack for lunch!
To make the pasta salad I used my favorite brand of pasta, Delallo with their Ricotta and Spinach Tortellini. I LOVE a good tortellini salad in the summer, adding shrimp adds lean protein and keeps the calories low. It’s also delicious, every time I make it people ask me for the recipe.
As a main dish, the portions are generous, if you want to serve this as a side I would serve half the portions. You can also make half the recipe if you want to make this for less people.
Make ahead: You can make this tortellini salad a day ahead, keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
How To Make Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Salad
More Pasta Salad Recipes
- Summer Pasta Salad with Baby Greens
- Macaroni Salad with Tomatoes and Zucchini
- Macaroni Salad with Tomatoes
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Summer Cavatelli
Chilled Italian Shrimp and Tortellini Salad
- 8 1/2 oz Delallo ricotta spinach tortellini
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 oz capers
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook tortellini according to package directions. Using a large mesh spoon, transfer the pasta to a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Return water to a boil and add the shrimp, poach for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are just pink, rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking, drain and cut into large pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion, celery, capers and olives and pour the dressing over; mix well.
- Add the shrimp, tortellini and remaining ingredients. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and chill before serving.
I created this recipe in partnership with Delallo Foods. I only work with brands I LOVE and use in my very own kitchen. Hope you enjoy the recipe!