Maple Soy Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash with Bacon
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash are delicious on their own, but adding bacon and a maple soy glaze makes them over-the-top delicious!
Made all on one sheet pan, you can double or triple this recipe to feed a crowd by adding more sheet pans.
Brussels and butternut are a match made in heaven. Add bacon, and a simple glaze made with pure maple syrup and soy sauce, and your family will swoon! This is a delicious, easy Fall side dish, perfect for chicken, turkey or pork. If you don’t eat bacon, you can leave it out.
If you like this Brussel Sprout and Butternut Squash recipe, you may also enjoy:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash and Bacon with Maple Soy Glaze
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash are delicious on their own, but adding bacon and a maple soy glaze makes them over-the-top delicious! Made all on one sheet pan, you can double or triple this recipe to feed a crowd by adding more sheet pans.
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 center cut strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to coat. In another large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, remaining tablespoon of oil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper, to taste. Spread the vegetables in an even layer on 1 sheet pan. Top with bacon. Roast for 20 minutes, with a spatula, toss veggies and roast an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pot, combine the syrup and soy sauce. Over medium low heat, simmer sauce for 5 minutes, or until it begins to thicken slightly. Set aside.
- When vegetables are done roasting, transfer to a serving dish. Add maple soy sauce and toss to coat.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 3
- Points +: 3
- Calories: 178 calories
- Total Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 545mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 11g
- Protein: 8g