Oven “Fried” Breaded Pork Chops
When I was a kid, my Mom’s friend Debbie often had my brother and I over for dinner because, well she lived right upstairs from us. We loved this, and she was so good to us. She would make broccoli, Rice-a-Roni and Shake-n-Bake pork chops. Growing up in a home where my mom made everything from scratch, this was totally new to us and we loved it.
As an adult, I know how processed (yes still yummy) those things are so I make them myself. One day I’ll share my healthier Rice-A-Roni recipe, it’s easy! These pork chops – they are amazing and better than Shake-n-Bake. Even my husband (who’s not a big pork chop fan) LOVES them. I served them with yesterday’s raw shredded brussels sprout salad – enjoy!
Oven "Fried" Breaded Pork Chops
Juicy, delicious, boneless pork chops coated with a seasoned crisp crust. Ready in under 30 minutes, easy and kid-friendly!
- 6 (3/4-inch thick) center cut boneless pork chops, fat trimmed (5 oz each)
- kosher salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large nonstick baking sheet lightly with oil.
- Season pork chops on both sides with 1/2 tsp kosher salt.
- Combine panko, cornflake crumbs, parmesan cheese, 3/4 tsp kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and black pepper in a large shallow bowl.
- Place the beaten egg in another. Dip the pork into the egg, then crumb mixture.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chops.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top of the pork and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 chop
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 7
- Points +: 7
- Calories: 378 calories
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Sodium: 373mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 33g