Juicy and delicious, crispy breaded pork chops are baked in the oven and ready in under 30 minutes! An easy, kid-friendly dinner idea!
Crispy Breaded Pork Chops
When I was a kid, my mom’s friend Debbie often had my brother and me over for dinner because she lived right upstairs from us. We were always excited to go, and she was so good to us. She would make broccoli, Rice-a-Roni, and Shake-n-Bake pork chops. Growing up in a home where my mom made everything from scratch, these dishes were new to us, and we loved them. I have recreated them from scratch, these baked breaded pork chops are amazing and so much better than Shake-n-Bake! Even my husband (who’s not a big pork chop fan) LOVES them because they are tender inside, with a crispy texture on the outside and so much flavor. I also have an Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chop version here if you prefer to air fry them.
Pork Chop Ingredients
- Pork chops: I used 3/4-inch thick center cut boneless pork chops. You can also use bone-in, just add a few more minutes to the cook time.
- Seasoning: kosher salt, sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and black pepper
- Crispy Breadcrumbs: panko breadcrumbs, crushed cornflakes crumbs and grated parmesan cheese
- Binder: 1 large beaten egg
How To Make Baked Breaded Pork Chops in Oven
(see full recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large nonstick sheet pan lightly with oil or use nonstick foil.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with kosher salt.
- Combine the panko, cornflake crumbs, parmesan cheese, 3/4 tsp kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and black pepper in a large shallow bowl.
- Place the beaten egg in another. Dip the pork into the egg, then the crumb mixture.
- Place the breaded pork chops on the prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the pork chops with more olive oil on top and bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Egg Substitutes: If you’re allergic to eggs, use Dijon mustard, vegan mayonnaise, or buttermilk.
- Cornflake Swaps: Use all panko or sub cornflakes with corn chip, corn Chex, or cracker crumbs.
- Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley if you want garnish.
- Cooking Time: If you use bone-in pork chops or ones that are thicker or thinner than a ¾-inch, adjust the cooking time by a few minutes. Use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temp, which will be 145 degrees when done.
What to serve with Breaded Pork Chops
This easy dinner recipe is great with so many different sides. You could go super traditional and eat these oven-fried pork chops with roasted broccoli and rice pilaf. I also like to serve them with a raw shredded brussels sprout salad or roasted green beans, and for a starch, smashed potatoes or mashed potatoes are good choices.
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
How long do you cook pork chops in the oven?
I bake these breaded pork chops for 20 minutes at 425 degrees. If your chops aren’t crispy, here are a couple of tips:
- Make sure you’re using a nonstick baking sheet and not an aluminum one. The nonstick will brown the meat faster and give you crispier results.
- If your oven runs cooler, you may need to increase the temp to 450 degrees. Also, one part of your oven may be hotter than another, so you would want to cook the chops on the hottest rack.
How do you keep breading on pork chops?
I dip the pork chops in egg before the panko-seasoning mixture. The egg keeps the breading from falling off.
More Pork Chop Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Shallots
- Garlic-Lime Marinated Pork Chops
- Stuffed Pork Chops with Prosciutto and Mozzarella
- Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce
Breaded Pork Chop Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large nonstick baking sheet lightly with oil.
- Season pork chops on both sides with 1/2 tsp kosher salt.
- Combine panko, cornflake crumbs, parmesan cheese, 3/4 tsp kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and black pepper in a large shallow bowl.
- Place the beaten egg in another. Dip the pork into the egg, then crumb mixture.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chops.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top of the pork and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.