This raw shredded brussels sprouts salad is so simple to make, even a 4 year old can do it (with Mommy’s help). Tossed with a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, it makes a wonderful side dish to any meal, and my family loves it!
Shredded Brussel Sprout Salad with Lemon and Oil
Pictured below with crispy oven fried pork chops that I am sharing tomorrow, look out for them, they are so good!
I’m just going to put it out there and say this recipe was developed by my youngest daughter Madison. She loves her veggies raw and loves a raw cabbage salad so one day while I was cutting my brussels sprouts preparing to saute them, she started picking at it. Then she asked me to give her oil and vinegar (she likes making her own salads) and I realized she was onto something. I really love to let her invent and do her own thing in the kitchen, even if sometimes her ideas are a bit… lets say overly creative.
I never knew how good Madison was in front of the camera until yesterday when I thought it would be cute to film her making this after school – she’s a natural and may be taking over Skinnytaste someday, who knows! Sometimes she does this with lime, and apple cider vinegar, and sometimes all of the above. Here she wanted to use all three. This salad is vegan, paleo, dairy-free and gluten-free.
Raw Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Oil
- 6 oz brussels sprouts, washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 large lemon
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- With a large sharp knife, trim off the stems, cut the brussels in half lengthwise, then place cut side down on the board and finely shred the sprouts.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
More Brussels Sprouts Side Dish Recipes:
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- Shredded Raw Brussels Sprout Salad with Bacon and Avocado
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Shallots with Balsamic Glaze
- Buffalo Brussels Sprouts with Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- Maple Soy Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash with Bacon
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Soup