Quickest Cast-Iron Thin Crust Pizza
Prep Time: 2 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
I'm obsessed with this Super-Quick Cast-Iron Pizza technique made with tortillas. This combined stove top and oven recipe comes out just like Domino's or any bar thin crust pizza!
- Olive oil spray (for greasing the pan)
- 2 6-inch tortillas (I love Siete gluten-free grain-free cassava tortillas)
- 4 tablespoons tomato or marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup full-fat mozzarella (she prefers cheese from the milk of grass-fed cows)
- Toppings of choice (cheese from the milk of grass-fed cows, thinly sliced vegetables, dried or fresh herbs)
- fresh basil (for topping)
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Spray the oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and warm over medium-high heat. When hot place one tortilla in the pan. Reduce heat to medium and let cook for 1 minute.
Flip the tortilla and cook for an additional minute while you add 2 tablespoons of sauce, spreading it all the way to the tortilla’s edge.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese or any toppings of your choice, reserving fresh herbs to finish.
Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 2 to 4 minutes, or until the edges of the tortilla are golden brown but not burned (if you’re not using cheese, check on the early side).
Transfer the pan back to the stove and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat, until the bottom is browned, but not burned.
Transfer the pizza to a plate and let it cool slightly. Top with fresh herbs, if using.
Repeat with second pizza and serve.
Serving: 1pizza, Calories: 118kcal, Carbohydrates: 15.5g, Protein: 4.5g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 7.5mg, Sodium: 285.5mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1.5g
Freestyle Points: 4
Points +: 3