Buffalo Chicken Dip
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 4 hrs
Total Time: 4 hrs
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip has everything you love about buffalo wings, only made into a dip – no messy hands!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (16 ounces)
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese (softened (Philadelphia))
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream or Greek yogurt (I prefer sour cream)
- 1/2 cup Franks red hot sauce (or whatever hot sauce you like)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- scallions (optional for garnish)
- cut up celery sticks and carrot sticks (for dipping)
To make the shredded chicken, place chicken in the slow cooker and add enough water or chicken broth to cover. Cook high 4 hours. Remove and shred with two forks, discard the liquid.
Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, vinegar and hot sauce together until smooth. Add half of the blue cheese.
Transfer to the slow cooker with the chicken, mixing well and return to the slow cooker, cook low 2 to 3 hours.
Transfer to a serving dish and top with the remaining blue cheese, garnish with scallions. Serve hot.
To bake this in the oven, you can use cooked shredded chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken, then mix all the ingredients and place them in a baking dish. Bake 350F until hot, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Serving: 1/3 cup, Calories: 121kcal, Carbohydrates: 4.5g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 6.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 707mg, Sugar: 2.5g
Blue Smart Points: 2
Green Smart Points: 3
Purple Smart Points: 2
Points +: 3