Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad is a beautifully layered salad with shrimp, avocados, grilled corn, black bean salsa, cucumbers, tomatoes and cheese.
For the Shrimp:
- 16 oz cooked large shrimp (peeled)
- chipotle chili powder to taste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt to taste
For the Salad:
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (shredded)
- 15 oz black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup grilled corn kernels (I used Trader Joe's frozen roasted corn)
- 2 tbsp red onion (divided)
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 seedless cucumber (diced)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 ripe hass avocado (diced)
- 1 cup reduced fat Sargento Mexican Blend shredded cheese
Rinse shrimp and chop into large chunks. Toss shrimp with a little salt, chipotle chili pepper, and fresh lime juice.
Combine drained beans, corn, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.
In a large glass trifle dish or clear bowl, layer salad ingredients starting with the lettuce, black bean mixture, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, cheese and shrimp on top.
Serving: 2cups, Calories: 267.5kcal, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 157.5mg, Sodium: 578.5mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%
Freestyle Points: 3
Points +: 5