Baked Potato Soup
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
This slimmed down version of a loaded baked potato soup has everything you love about a baked potato – sour cream, cheddar, bacon and chives, at a fraction of the calories!
- 2 medium russet potatoes (washed and dried)
- 1 small head of cauliflower (3 1/2 cups or 16 ounces, stem removed cut into florets)
- 1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups 1% reduced-fat milk
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tbsp chopped chives (divided)
- 3 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled (you can use turkey bacon if you prefer))
Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 - 5 minutes, until tender. Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400F for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.
Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and return to pot.
On medium heat, add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil.
Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl.
Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 200kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 17mg, Sodium: 323mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%
Freestyle Points: 5
Points +: 5