Cobb Salad in a Jar with Buttermilk Ranch
Chicken, tomatoes, bacon, avocado, eggs, blue cheese and lettuce all conveniently layered in a jar with a light homemade ranch – portable and perfect to make ahead to take to work, school, the beach, park or anywhere you want a delicious meal on the go!
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 1% buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped scallion
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh black pepper
- 2 strips center-cut bacon
- 10 grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 ounces 1/2 small avocado, diced
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs (diced)
- 4 ounces cooked or grilled chicken breast (diced)
- 1/2 ounce 1 generous tablespoon crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Set aside
Cook the bacon according to package directions. Once cooked, place strips on a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool. Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes, avocado, eggs, and chicken. Once cool, chop the bacon.
In each quart size mason jar, divide all ingredients evenly. Layer the dressing, chicken, tomato, eggs, cheese, bacon and top with chopped romaine and avocado (I suggest adding avocado the day you plan to eat it).
These are the wide mouth mason jars I use which you can buy on amazon (affiliate link).
Serving: 1jar, Calories: 368kcal, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 32g, Fat: 21g, Cholesterol: 274mg, Sodium: 674mg, Fiber: 5.5g, Sugar: 7g
Freestyle Points: 5
Points +: 9