Shrimp Scampi Zoodles for Two
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Shrimp Scampi Zoodles for Two, a delicious garlic shrimp and lemon dish over zucchini noodles is an EASY low-carb dish that takes less than 20 minutes! It's also gluten-free, paleo, Whole30 and keto!
- 2 medium zucchini (about 7 oz each)
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter (or olive oil for Whole30)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 4 minced garlic cloves (divided)
- 12 large peeled and deveined shrimp (about 6.5 oz)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/8 tsp hot red pepper flakes
Use a mandolin fitted with a julienne blade or a spiralizer to cut the zucchini into noodles. Cut the strips into 6 to 8-inch strips.
In a large nonstick pan, melt the butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, kosher salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Set aside.
Add the remaining oil and garlic to the skillet, cook 30 seconds then add the zucchini noodles, kosher salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes, stirring.
Remove from the heat, add the shrimp, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Toss well to combine and serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings. 6 shrimp, half the noodles.
Serving: 6shrimp, 1 zucchini, Calories: 161kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Sodium: 76mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g
Freestyle Points: 3
Points +: 4