Canned Tuna Ceviche
Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Transform ordinary canned tuna into a zesty, flavorful lunch with a Latin flair by adding fresh lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño, tomato and avocado in this easy tuna ceviche – so good!
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 to 1 1/2 limes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (as needed)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 7 oz can chunk white albacore tuna packed in water (5.1 oz drained)
- 1 medium seeded plum tomato (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño (minced (keep seeds for spicy) or you can use pickled)
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 oz sliced avocado (1/2 medium haas)
In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, pinch of kosher salt, juice of 1 lime and olive oil.
Mix in the chopped cilantro, jalapeño, drained tuna, tomato, and Tabasco, if using.
Taste for salt and lime juice, adjust as needed (I used 1 1/2 limes).
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 20 minutes to let the flavors blend.
To serve, top with fresh sliced avocado and serve.
Serving: 3/4 cup tuna, 1 oz avocado , Calories: 153kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 26mg, Sodium: 187mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g
Freestyle Points: 3
Points +: 4