Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
A lighter, healthier Greek twist on traditional nachos – made with whole wheat pita chips, hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes and feta.
- 2 small 100% whole wheat pita rounds (about 70 - 80 calories each)
- 1/2 tomato (or 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 cucumber diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp hummus (prepared or homemade)
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Cut the pita rounds into quarters and pull them apart so you have 8 triangles from each pita.
Spread over a baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
While toasting, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes and feta in a medium bowl.
Put the toasted pitas on two plates and drop some hummus onto the chips.
Spoon the tomato mixture on top and serve.
Serving: 1pita with toppings, Calories: 170kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 7.5g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 420mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3.5g
Freestyle Points: 5
Points +: 4