Orange and Arugula Salad with Red Onion and Gorgonzola
Something about Spring and the warmer weather that puts me in such a GREAT mood. It also makes me crave more salads, and this simple salad is a favorite of mine, I make this all the time for myself.
- 1 small orange (peeled, and sectioned)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- salt and fresh pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups baby greens such as arugula and spinach
- 3 tbsp crumbled gorgonzola cheese (blue cheese works great too)
- 2 - 3 slices red onion (to taste)
Take 2 sections of the orange and squeeze into a small bowl, whisk in the balsamic, oil, honey, salt and pepper.
Cut the remaining orange sections into bite sized pieces.
Place the baby greens on a plate, then top with cut orange pieces, sliced red onion and Gorgonzola cheese.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the top and enjoy!!
Calories: 196kcal, Carbohydrates: 18.5g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 10.5g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 294mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 11g
Freestyle Points: 4
Points +: 5