BLT Macaroni Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Dads like bacon so I thought a bacon, lettuce and tomato summer pasta salad would be a perfect side dish for your Father's Day picnic. The L in this BLT salad should really be an S but I didn't like the sound of a BST.
- 8 oz uncooked elbows (low carb or whole grain (brown rice pasta for gf))
- 4 slices 25% reduced fat center cut bacon
- 2 large ripe tomatoes (beefsteak or vine ripe, diced small)
- 4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise (I used Hellman's)
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
In a large skillet cook bacon on medium-low heat until crispy on both sides.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions.
Chop tomatoes and combine it along with any accumulated juice with mayonnaise and pepper in a medium bowl.
Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to cool.
Combine pasta with tomatoes and spinach mixing well. Toss in bacon right before serving.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 149kcal, Carbohydrates: 26.5g, Protein: 5.5g, Fat: 4.5g, Sodium: 146.5mg, Fiber: 4g
Freestyle Points: 5
Points +: 4