Imagine your favorite BLT sandwich and summer macaroni salad eloped and had a baby. That’s exactly what this recipe is!
BLT Macaroni Salad
Dads like bacon so I thought a bacon, lettuce and tomato summer pasta salad would be a perfect side dish for your Father’s Day picnic. The L in this BLT salad should really be an S but I didn’t like the sound of a BST.
If you’re a fan of a good BLT you might also like my Breakfast BLT Sandwich or my Breakfast BLT Salad.
I am really trying to like whole wheat pasta and used it today to give it another chance, but next time I am sticking with what I like for the same amount of points, either Ronzoni Smart Taste or Dreamfields as a lower carb option. You decide which pasta you prefer, you know your family and what they would eat, the points are the same. If you are on a gluten-free diet, the brown rice pasta is pretty good! To avoid having to add too much mayonnaise I think it’s best to make this right before serving as macaroni salads with mayo tend to get dry out if they sit too long therefore requiring more.
As I mentioned on my BLT lettuce wrap recipe, center cut bacon has less fat than regular bacon if you like the taste of real pork bacon, you can use turkey or chicken bacon instead if you don’t eat pork.
More Pasta Salad Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Macaroni Salad with Tomatoes
- Chilled Italian Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Warm Pasta Salad with Zucchini and Corn
- Pasta Salad with Baby Greens and Sun Dried Tomatoes
BLT Macaroni Salad
- 8 oz uncooked elbows, low carb or whole grain (brown rice pasta for gf)
- 4 slices 25% reduced fat center cut bacon
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, beefsteak or vine ripe, diced small
- 4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise, I used Hellman's
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- In a large skillet cook bacon on medium-low heat until crispy on both sides.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Chop tomatoes and combine it along with any accumulated juice with mayonnaise and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Combine pasta with tomatoes and spinach mixing well. Toss in bacon right before serving.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.