Grilled Shrimp Tostadas
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Grilled shrimp, homemade guacamole, fat free refried beans and lettuce on top of a crispy tostada. Super easy and quick – you're going to love these!!
For the guacamole:
- 1 medium hass avocados (halved)
- 1/2 plum tomato (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 2 tbsp red onion (minced)
- 1 small clove garlic (mashed)
- 1/2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- kosher salt and fresh pepper (to taste)
For the tostada:
- 16 jumbo shrimp (3/4 lb, shelled and deveined)
- 1 garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp prepared salsa verde (or homemade salsa verde)
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup canned fat free refried beans (love Trader Joe's)
- extra salsa verde (for topping)
- 2 tbsp crumbled queso blacno (optional)
If cooking outside on the grill, soak skewers at least 30 minutes.
Place the pulp from the avocados in a medium bowl and slightly mash with a fork or a potato masher leaving some large chunks. Add tomato, lime juice, salt, pepper, cilantro, red onion, garlic and mix thoroughly.
Season shrimp with salt, then mix in crushed garlic and 2 tbsp salsa verde. Thread the shrimp onto 4 skewers.
Light the grill or indoor grill pan on medium flame, when hot spray the grates with oil and grill the shrimp about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
Place a tostada on each plate, top each with 1/4 cup refried beans spread evenly, 1/4 cup lettuce and guacamole.
Top each with a shrimp skewer on top and serve with extra salsa verde and cheese if using.
Serving: 1tostada, Calories: 262kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 129mg, Sodium: 472mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 1g
Blue Smart Points: 4
Green Smart Points: 6
Purple Smart Points: 4
Points +: 7