Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Parsnip Spiralized Pasta
Broccoli rabe and spicy sausage are one of my favorite pasta dishes; this spiralized version made with parsnips in place of pasta for a hefty serving of veggies won’t disappoint! If you don’t like the bitterness of broccoli rabe, broccolini or broccoli would also work in it’s place. A quick, one-pot dish that comes together in less than 20 minutes!
I’m really excited to share the new Inspiralized cookbook, Inspiralize Everything: An Apples to Zucchini Encyclopedia of Spiralizing. Ali is the spiralizing queen, even has the best spiralizer on the market (pictured above)! When I got my hands on Ali’s new book, I didn’t know recipe to choose, they all looked so good! I wanted to use a vegetable I haven’t spiralized before and Ali suggested this dish. Parsnips aren’t something I cook with often, but I thought it was delicious! Perfect with the bold flavors of broccoli rabe and the spicy sausage, this dish is a winner!
The only thing I did different, I changed the serving size to three instead of four because it wasn’t enough, Ali mentioned her parsnips were much larger than mine. What a great way to enjoy parsnips, hope you enjoy!
Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Parsnip Pasta
If you don’t like the bitterness of broccoli rabe, broccolini or broccoli would also work in it’s place.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, stems trimmed
- 2 links spicy Chicken Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 parsnips, peeled and spiralized, noodles trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chop broccoli rabe into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the sausage and oregano and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon 6 to 8 minutes, until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the broccoli rabe and parsnip noodles to the skillet with the garlic and red pepper flakes, then add broth and cook until the noodles are al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Return sausage to the skillet, add the cheese and stir to combine.
Yield: 3 Servings, Serving Size: 1 1/3 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 7
- Points +: 7
- Calories: 265
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 733mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 22g
Slightly adapted from Inspiralize Everything: An Apples to Zucchini Encyclopedia of Spiralizing