Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Parsnip Spiralized Pasta
Broccoli rabe and spicy sausage are one of my favorite pasta dishes; this spiralized version made with parsnips in place of pasta for a hefty serving of veggies won’t disappoint! If you don’t like the bitterness of broccoli rabe, broccolini or broccoli would also work in it’s place. A quick, one-pot dish that comes together in less than 20 minutes!
I’m really excited to share the new Inspiralized cookbook, Inspiralize Everything: An Apples to Zucchini Encyclopedia of Spiralizing. Ali is the spiralizing queen, even has the best spiralizer on the market (pictured above)! When I got my hands on Ali’s new book, I didn’t know recipe to choose, they all looked so good! I wanted to use a vegetable I haven’t spiralized before and Ali suggested this dish. Parsnips aren’t something I cook with often, but I thought it was delicious! Perfect with the bold flavors of broccoli rabe and the spicy sausage, this dish is a winner!
The only thing I did different, I changed the serving size to three instead of four because it wasn’t enough, Ali mentioned her parsnips were much larger than mine. What a great way to enjoy parsnips, hope you enjoy!
Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Parsnip Pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, stems trimmed
- 2 links spicy Chicken Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 parsnips, peeled and spiralized, noodles trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chop broccoli rabe into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the sausage and oregano and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon 6 to 8 minutes, until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the broccoli rabe and parsnip noodles to the skillet with the garlic and red pepper flakes, then add broth and cook until the noodles are al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Return sausage to the skillet, add the cheese and stir to combine.