Squash fritters made with summer yellow squash and fresh garden chives. A perfect summer side dish to eat with chicken, meat or fish.
My childhood BFF is visiting from Tennessee and she made me squash pancakes the other night with squash from her garden. Today I remade her recipe with fresh chives from my garden, and I added garlic and parmesan cheese and they were delicious. Any fresh herbs would work great in place of the chives.
Summer Squash and Chive Pancakes
- Add squash to a medium pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cover; cook until soft.
- When soft, drain; add to food processor and pulse a few times until chopped.
- Add 2 cups of squash to a medium bowl.
- Combine squash with remaining ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, when hot spray lightly with oil and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Drop 1/4 cupfuls of batter, slightly flattening them with the back of a spoon and cook a few minutes or until golden.
- Turn and cook the other side until golden.
- Set aside and repeat with the remaining batter.