A wonderful summer salad made with lump crab meat, summer tomatoes, sweet charred roasted corn, cilantro, hot peppers and zesty lime juice. Serve this over mixed greens or tostadas as a main dish or you can put this in martini glasses as a fancy appetizer.
This is perfect to bring to a potluck, or you can halve the recipe for less servings. Fresh crab is always best but if that’s not available near you, canned lump crab would do. For the corn, you can roast the corn on the grill, or if you are lucky enough to live near a Trader Joe’s, they sell roasted frozen corn which is such a convenience. A good tip, if you make grilled corn on the cob often and have leftovers, cut it off the cob and freeze it!
Summer Tomatoes, Corn, Crab and Avocado Salad
- 12 oz lump crab meat
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 hass avocado, diced
- 2 hot peppers such as serrano or jalapeños, diced fine (seeds removed for mild)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted corn kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
- In a large bowl combine chopped crab meat, avocado, tomatoes, hot pepper and corn.
- Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss.
- Adjust lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.