A simple side dish that really celebrates Spring. Serve it cold or room temperature, leftovers are wonderful chopped and mixed into a salad.
This can easily be doubled or tripled.
Asparagus with Dijon Vinaigrette
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4 • Old Points: 1 pt • Points+: 2 pt
Calories: 56.9 • Fat: 3.6 g • Protein: 2.6 g • Carb: 5.5 g • Fiber: 2.4 g • Sugar: 0.3 g
Sodium: 92.7 (without salt)
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound thin asparagus, tough ends trimmed off
Steam or boil asparagus for 2-3 minutes until cooked and tender. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
Transfer asparagus to a serving dish and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Can be served warm or chilled.